SDCXTRA RADIO

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Johnny No Feather



John F Scheppler aka, (Johnny No Feather) First album Call on Sunrise. Lives in Southern Oregon married with 5 Kids 5 Grandchildren. Plays the Navajo Wind Flute. Works as a medical Assistant Providence Hospital US Navy Veteran. Native American New Mexico Apache Started Quote Book on google plus with over 12 million views. when not working I love to hike camp hunt fish. I walk the red road and believe we are all connected threw Mother Earth and the Creator. Hozhoogo Naashaadoo (walk in beauty) Handmade Flutes by Bill F Kelso BIRTH OF A SONG

Call on Sunrise was a spiritual journey not just into my heritage and music, but one of the soul. The first song, for which the album was named, first came to me on New Years Day 2015.

I had just come from the hospital where my father lay in bed unable to speak after having a heart attack. I held his hand and prayed. On the way home I was exhausted and overcome with grief. I pulled the jeep over, and I broke down from all of the emotions I was feeling. I noticed a beautiful Sunrise.

I gave thanks for the new day and a new year. I then picked up my flute and played as I meditated. I played from my heart, I played from my soul, I played for my father and the Creator. Later that day, back at the hospital, my father was awake. I told him I had been playing my flute for him. He smiled, held my hand and whispered: “I heard you playing, I love you”.

This made me realize how everything is connected. These events, as well as my love for my heritage, culture and the wind flute, inspired my cd Thank you for listening to Johnny No Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment